Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blessings

-Blessings-

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while You hear each spoken need
Yet Your love is way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
And all the while You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home




'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?
What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a great thirst this world can't satisfy?
And what if trials of this life
(the rains, the storms, the darkest nights)
Are Your mercies in disguise?

-by Laura Story
-------------------------------------------
I {love} this song. It speaks directly to the hard times of life and is so relevant, because hard times are part of real life. 
may you all be blessed by this song....rest in Him, and remember that not everything is as it seems. Sometimes God works through the rain, the tears, the trials.

~chels

11 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favorite song!

    Although all of Laura Story's songs are incredible!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats one of my favorite songs, too! looove the chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song!
    Thanks for posting.

    Blessings,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I LOVE this song!!!
    BTW, Laura Story wrote this when her husband was suffering with lung cancer....makes the song even more meaningful.
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That song is amazing... and absolutely so true! I love it. She says exactly what I've wanted to say, but I didn't know quite how to put it into words. It's wonderful! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true!! Sometimes God DOES work through the trials, pain, and tears! Today I'm so, so grateful for the faithfulness of God!!! So glad you updated!! :) ♥ u!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been listening to this past week or so. and I love it! My favorite of the past week... The part that stands out the most is, what if Your healing comes through tears. Sometimes the things we ask for come through many tears and wrestling with God like Jacob did with the angel. Again, this song is such a blessing! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite more contemporary songs... it speaks straight to the heart!

    Chelsy,

    It was such a blessing to meet your family and the Bates family back in September. We don't get to go to many events like you hosted so it was a new experience for us. We are looking forward to next year and perhaps I will get to meet you in person next time!! Any chance you'll get the Bates to come back again next year? Both of your families are such an encouragement in the Lord. And I have to say that your musical talent is such a blessing from the Lord. I know that a friend of ours who came to the Turning Hearts Celebration with us (who is currently not saved) was very touched and the Lord continues to work on his heart to bring him to the foot of the cross.
    Many Blessings,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is MY song.

    I see you here and there but I haven't had the chance to ask how you really are? We'll catch up sometime, maybe? -Aunt W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen Amen, I absolutely love this song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this song. I think my username says it all, huh? I have dealt with my husband's death after less than a decade with him, and continue to deal with difficulties in life; with work, and difficult people. I need to remind myself as well that God has me where He wants me even if it's not easy. There are many stories in the Bible that reinforce that. I enjoy reading your blog and one day will try one of your recipes. When I do I'll let you know how I liked it. Oh, btw, how did I find your blog? First of all, you and your family on 19 Kids and Counting. Then on the Bates website; I heard of them through the Duggars as well. And I found your website off theirs.Your families are all fascinating and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.