Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blue Skies

On days of gray
When doubt clouds my view
It’s so hard to see past my fears
My strength seems to fade
And it’s all I can do
To hold on, ’til the light reappears
Still, I believe though some rain’s bound to fall
That you’re here next to me
And you’re over it all
Lord, the sky’s still blue
For my hope is in you
You’re my joy
You’re the dream that’s still alive
Like the wind at my back
And the sun on my face
You are life
You’re grace
You are blue skies
You’re my blue skies
When nights are long
Seems the dark has no end
Still we walk on in light of the truth
For waiting beyond
Where the morning begins
Is the dawn, and your mercy anew
Oh, to believe we’re alive in your love
There is so much to see
If we keep looking up
Lord, the sky’s still blue
For my hope is in you
You’re my joy
You’re the dream that’s still alive
Like the wind at my back
And the sun on my face
You are life
You’re grace
You are blue skies
You’re my blue skies
                                              {"Blue Skies" by matt huesmann & grant cunningham}
             :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This song is one of my all-time favorites. I love how it speaks about the pain and the hard times in life...and yet the chorus always comes back to the fact that the "sky is still blue". For the ?? time, I am reminded that my circumstances do not have to control my joy. 
I have to CHOOSE joy.
For me....its been choosing joy even when I MISS my home
Choosing joy even when I'm exausted and just want to sleep..and its time to do another concert.
Choosing joy even when I'd give almost anything for just 10 minutes to listen to nothing but myself thinking. =)
Choosing joy even when it seems that I can't make yet another decision without falling apart.
Choosing joy. It is all about joy. All about seeing past the rain and the wind and seeing the BLUE in the sky.
Today I want to thank God for the blue.....the blue that is there because my hope is in HIM!


I often feel like my "thoughts" blog posts are me getting up on my little invisible box and preaching to myself. Saying what I think. Thinking out loud. 
After I've finished....I go back and read what I wrote and feel so convicted. 
And then all of you just happen to read this and get in on my self-examination and self-diagnosis of my problems and issues. =)

-chels

9 comments:

  1. wow, Chels. you hit the nail on the head...been a gray skies day here for me. beautiful reminder..i needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's a really good song. Here in Washington it can be gray ALOT! Thanks for sharing Chelsy!
    ~Krista
    45%off TheBeadtriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song, too! & here's a hug for you my dear...I know about the gray skies & how h.a.r.d. it is to look for the blue...♥you! ~Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard this song before but I love the words.
    It's so fitting for how I have been feeling this past week with all that's been going on!

    Have a great Sunday afternoon!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard this song, but thanks so much for posting it... it's beautiful... gray skies in my life lately, too. So this was a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the words to this song! Lately I have been going through some of the hardest times of my life. When the sky seems so black we should always remember to keep our eyes on that 1 tiny star so far away we can barely see it twinkling and as we look at it, it will grow brighter and brighter until we don't even see the black sky, but the glorious light! What an encouragement to know that we DO have hope in Jesus! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I often feel like my "thoughts" blog posts are me getting up on my little invisible box and preaching to myself. Saying what I think. Thinking out loud. After I've finished....I go back and read what I wrote and feel so convicted."
    This is what I LOVE about blogs. Thanks for sharing your heart; I'm praying for you. KEEP CHOOSING JOY!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea, this message is from the father of Grant Cunningham, one of the co-writers of "Blue Skies." Grant and his friend, Matt Huesmann, wrote the song for Point of Grace. The song was nominated for a Dove award in April of 2002. About 2 months later, on July 3rd, Grant, at age 37, suffered a fatal head injury during a soccer game. About 3 months after his passing, I produced a double CD containing 30 of his best songs, along with his remarks for song writers. If you are interested in a complimentary set, let me hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.