Monday, February 13, 2012

Little Did I Know....

...that just seconds after I posted the "Blue Skies" post, I would receive news of the sudden tragic death of a very dear family friend.
The Blue Skies song has been playing in my head all weekend, ever since....
If you think of it, pray for me and my family as we head to Oklahoma, especially for strength to be able to get through the music we will be singing at the funeral. 
Most of all pray for Arlis' wife, Roberta, and his son & daughter, Brad & Amy, as they go through this difficult time. 
I am so thankful that even in the midst of all the pain we have the assurance that he is with Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying God would comfort you all this week!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how God prepares us for one thing through a verse or song and little did we know? I appreciate the encouragement of the song, and your point of view from it. Yes, I will pray for all of you, especially Roberta. I know her journey, even if there are differences. If she's open, I can give you my info privately for her; I have a group on Facebook for widowed folks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.