Friday, March 30, 2012

Of Surprises in December.....

Back in December my sis Allison planned an amazing surprise birthday party for me...a whole month early!
I was totally unsuspecting.
Had not a clue....
Til that Friday night when I was sitting at my desk preparing concert promo. packets.
I heard people talking in the kitchen but in our house that is what happens all the time so I didn't think anything of it...
....until out of the blue ten of my very dear friends and fellow "conference staff girls" came running into our little office, exclaiming "SURPRISE!!"
I was stunned. 
SO glad to see them all, but totally bewildered as to WHAT IN THE WORLD they were doing at my house so randomly??
The thought of my birthday never crossed my mind. 
I mean-it was still one month away and at that point I was trying not to think about it too much, cause 21 just sounded ancient and I didn't feel ready to enter that magical age where suddenly you are "legal" and therefore...completely mature.
{ahem}
Anyway...to make a long story short...they finally convinced me that they had really all come from their various parts of the US just to surprise me for my "birthday".
(the closest was 40 minutes away, and the farthest had driven 8 hours, with the driving time of the rest being somewhere in between)
The rest of the night was pretty much just like a big reunion. 
Alli had thought of everything...chili/cornbread for supper, and mochas/biscotti/chocolate covered coffee beans later at night.
The bus was all ready to go....it was the perfect place for a party, although a touch snug. But being as we are all used to sleeping in the same room and sharing minimal mirror/shower/bathroom space for a week at conferences...it was just like those days.
Except that we had no conference to do the following day so there was no need to be slept up for the following day.
Hence...3am was the perfect bedtime. =)
We talked about things that were going on in our lives, instead of what had happened that day in our small groups. 
Saturday morning we had breakfast with my family and then sat around singing...after which we all proofed a large amount of drawings/quotes for Grace's new witnessing book (coming out soon!)
 In the afternoon some of us went shopping and found many bargains.
And Saturday night when the last one had left, I found myself just in awe of the sacrifice they had all gone to to come and bless me so much....
Lilly::Tia::Hannah::Sarah::myself::Rachel::Allison::Bekah::Grace::Kelly::Erin::Nickie::Abby
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
So grateful for all of you women and the blessing you are to me!
Thank-you!!

5 comments:

  1. looks like you girls all had a great time!!!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like bunches of fun! Sisters in Christ are *such* a blessing! Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that was SO fun! Wish we could do it again! Thanks for posting those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Being a MK myself I have friends all over Argentina, but most are too far away! I know that I would enjoy it a lot if my friends came for a surprise, too!! So I'm really glad you had that wonderful blessing! Friends are such a blessing....

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.