Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Of Pre-Wedding Festivities.....

As ya'll know (by my absence on here this fall) my life has been quite busy lately! 
Among other things, I have been loving every minute that I've gotten to spend w/ my cousin helping her get ready for her upcoming wedding!
In September, when my family was traveling through NY, my mom, sister, & I did an "around the clock" bridal shower for her. 
It was a very fun, unique type of shower (each guest was assigned a different time of day for which to bring a gift. A breakfast hour gift might be a waffle iron, work hour might be cleaning supplies, etc)
We had a time of blessing where guests could pray a prayer of blessing to bless her in her new future role as a wife.
Rebecca & her little cousins were the "gift-delivery" crew.
The end of October, Alli & I went out for a week to throw the bachelorette party & help w/ wedding preparations. 
We rented a yurt in the mountains and had a delightful weekend with the bride-to-be & the other bridesmaids. It was the same weekend as hurricane   which made for an unfortunate earlier-than-planned departure, but we were all safe and had a marvelous time so we were thankful for that!
Lots of yummy food was enjoyed...
....as well as a very fun & "special" shower
(smile)

When we got back home (to Marissa's home) there was lots of work to be done. 
In the midst of it, we found moments to enjoy some special girl activities, such as doing these lovely {ahem} face masks. 
{Alli & Marissa will probably disown me forever for posting this picture =)}
We stripped leaves off of branches so the branches could be spray-painted white and used for the table centerpieces at the wedding
Marissa's favors are cute little bags of hot chocolate mix. Here Alli, Marissa, & my aunt Sarah worked on those.
Ready to head out for some bargain shopping at Salvation Army...
me, my cousin's wife, Patty,cousin Marissa, Alli, & cousin Lyndsi
Alli was in charge of the biscotti 
(which will be the delectable appetizers at the wedding)
There were many other projects which did not get documented by camera. I got to spend quite a bit of time packing up Marissa's personal possessions and all her dishes/shower gifts/etc/etc/etc. It's amazing how much we girls can accumulate over the years! =) 
I simply {LOVE} packing. 
(that is an understatement)
So it was totally right down my alley and I greatly enjoyed fitting as much as possible in a box, making sure everything breakable was wrapped well, figuring out the value of everything in the box, numbering & labeling each box, and then writting down in a notebook the number of each box, what was in each box, & what was the approx. value of each boxes contents. 
(oh the joys of transferring all your stuff to Canada!=))
A fun movie night w/ cousins & aunts

on our last day there we went to this delicious-sounding little cafe.
it was a simply exquisite place & the food was delectable.

Lynds & Alli
All of us..
My turkey & smoked gouda crepe
{to-die-for goodness}
Me with the beautiful girl who's been my "cousin/bestie" & partner in crime for as long as I can remember, and who is getting married in just 12 days and moving to the far-away region of Manitoba. I'm gonna miss her!
What wonderful memories were made in the midst of all our time spent there this fall.
I have decided that I could go into this wedding-planning business as a occupation. It is {most} enjoyable, and I just get to do the fun things, w/o the stress of being the bride! 
::ideal::
(smile)
Anyway, thats a little update on my fall projects of "wedding work". 
I'm sewing Alli & I's dresses for the wedding and as normal I waited til the last minute. 
Just finished her's the other day, and now I'm working on mine. 
Hope to have it done by the big day. =)

8 comments:

  1. looking forward to the wedding pics chelsy :D

    your invited to follow my blog!

    serving him,
    alisha

    www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post..thanks for sharing! And you totally need to go into business with wedding planning, chels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved to see these pictures, Chelsy. Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and it will be a great wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like bunches of fun memories, Chelsy! *smile* Glad you had a wonderful time together...blessings! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, my dear! :) MOH! :) hehe! Thanks again for you all you & Alli did to help! It was great fun & such a blessing!
    love you gals! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were making memories to treasure forever!:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published. I will not be posting comments with questions regarding either John's or my extended family. If you have questions about them, please go ask them on their blogs. =)
Also, anyone with a question related to a post must provide their full name. Feel free to email me with questions on topics not pertinent to the post. Thanks y'all!