Thursday, March 21, 2013

Arlington Cemetery::Thoughts

Last week when we were in DC we visited the Arlington Cemetery. 
It was a pretty incredible thing to walk the grounds and see the thousands upon thousands of graves. 
It was really a time for reflection for me. 
In spite of all the people touring there, there was a hush that covered the place.
 people whispered and walked quietly.
Even thought I didn't personally know anyone who had been buried there, I still felt this sense of pride for them.
A sense of deepest gratitude and thankfulness for their sacrifice.
A sense of unfairness that I get to live my life however I want, go wherever I want, and live in freedom because
they GAVE for their country and for people like me, people they didn't even know.
Those thoughts filled me with thankfulness.
and I am grateful for their sacrifice and that of so many others like them. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is so amazing!!! Thanks for posting! -Mary Ebersole

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.