Friday, September 27, 2013

Annoucing Boho Blogtober!

There is a big announcement this morning, ladies & gentlemen!
I am super excited to introduce y'all, my blog readers, to the fantabulous, world-changing (actually, it might be, hopefully!in a little way), uplifting, and all over inspiring new series that will be debuting in just four short days.
No more thoughts of 
"I wonder if Chels might've posted today? Its been a month.."
"Is she STILL on blog vacation?"
"Is she even still actually existing somewhere? or did she die off?"
{smile}
***Boho Blogtober***
*********
does the name not sound so...full of adventure?
I can say this because I didn't come up with it. =)
The name comes from the very talented friend Hannah who brainstormed this whole idea with me.
Venting about frustration of crazy lifestyles and rubbing it in that the other person hasn't posted for EVER...has a way of bringing about some of the best ideas, I think. =)
So this blogtober idea was created, from the thought that if we made posting more "official", and blew it up into this big event, of sorts, and made the goal public...that our blogging lives would be revolutionized. 
A bonus factor is that you blog readers will be holding us, um, accountable. 
And it would be super embarrassing to fail after hyping it up like this!
{Why am I even discussing the possibility of failure?}
So here is the deal: 
Hannah & I are the owners/creators of this Boho Blogtober.
{you'll want to be following her too during October because she has some amazing things coming!}
Posting will occur 5 days a week.
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. 
We're giving ourselves the weekend off because that should be normal. =)
*************************
Two months of hardly any blogging has meant that since hardly anything of interest has been posted, all of those great ideas and brainstorms for posts have been jumping to my mental file, instead of my laptop.
If there was such a thing as a brain-crash (like computer-crash?)
I'd be there. totally!
To whet your appetite, I am going to share with you a few of the things I'll be posting next month in my "24 posts":
*October Goals
{what they are-beginning of month}
*Out on the Town
*Giveaways! 
{yes, that is PLURAL!}
*Senior Sessions
{my handsome brothers-its gonna be good!}
*Fall Wardrobe Ideas
*Thrifted Thrillers
{or I might call it something that sounds more legit and not so scary =)}
*A Guest Post or Two
*Hot Topic Issues
*Recipes
{complete with start-to-finish photos!}
*A Hair Tutorial
{maybe a guest one by my sis Allison who is queen of hairstyles? Yes?}
*MN Girl's Conference Trip
*MN Roadtrip||Wedding
*Other Photography Sessions
*Q&A Post 
{not sure..will do if I get enough interest/comments w/ questions}
*October Goals
{what I accomplished-end of month}
**********************
*********************
Comment please! Let me know what YOU want to see posted! 
Any hot topic issues you want to see talked about? 
Questions about something I do or what I believe? 
Photography or blogging questions?
I know some of you have already given ideas and I will be doing my best to answer those too,
{Note: You are welcome to comment as anonymous if you have a more personal question to ask and wish to remain unidentified.}
*******************
I want to end by saying that in spite of all the hype above, the real reason for this whole plan...
 is to have accountability.
to push myself out of my comfort zone. 
and last but not least, to make a difference.
Not just to post 24 posts, but to post 24 posts of things that COUNT.
My goal is that y'all would be inspired, encouraged, and edified by what is posted.
not because I posted it,
 but because, as a girl on a journey to live for Jesus, 
I want the THINGS OF CHRIST to be flowing out of me. 
and subsequently flowing out of my blog.
Whether that is through encouraging other girls to choose femininity & modesty...
or challenging my generation to defend their faith...
or showing/teaching skills of homemaking that have been passed down to me...
or pushing myself and others to strive for excellence in everything we do...
(in my case, photography would be one example)
I want this blog to be a place of challenge and growing for me as I push myself to write about and document these things.
and hopefully that can spill over and happen for other people, too
************
Okay, that was a lengthy ending. =)
See y'all back here bright&early on Tuesday morning, October 1st!!

happy weekending, my friends...
-chels

40 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! So exciting, Chels!
    Sounds like lots of fun. :)
    Q&A sounds great.
    See you in a week!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Can't wait to see you too, girl!

      Delete
  2. woot woot!! :) :)
    so thrilled we're doing this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes! marvelous! thank-you for all your ideas!

      Delete
  3. This is sooo exciting, Chels!! =) I am really looking forward to reading your posts - your list of post ideas looks absolutely awesome [photo sessions, wardrobe ideas, recipes, guest posts, Allison's hairstyle, Q+A, road trip, conference pics (*tear* - I'll be praying...it's going to be wonderful and I'm excited for next time, Lord willing :), encouraging thoughts, etc - yay!] - I just kept getting more excited as I read down the list. =) Yay for so many posts planned by two of the most awesome, encouraging friends everrr! [And, yes, I think that I said that exact same thing in a comment on Hannah's blog, but, hey, I'm excited... :)] I loved the ending of this post - I definitely agree! I've been thinking + praying a lot about the purpose of blogging/photography - it can be so challenging to keep the focus off of myself on my blog. Praying that the Lord would give me discernment in that area and that if I open my blog again, that every single post would bring glory to Him alone. <3 All right, I shall now end my lengthly comment. :) Blessings, Chels - you're such a huge blessing + example to me and I can't wait to see how this project unfolds! ~ EB

    P.S. Even with my huge comment, I didn't even get to questions. Oops. :P I'll be thinking and will probably leave another comment later. :) [Ah, so E X C I T E D for what you and Hannah have planned! (In case I haven't emphasized that enough already... :)] Have an awesome day, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth: I was wondering what happened to your blog? It suddenly dissapeared, and I was so enjoying your posts! Just curious...
      Alison

      Delete
    2. Elizabeth...you will be missed on the conference trip! But I admire you for being focused and commited to pressing on with excellence with your Bible Bee memory!
      thanks for the encouragment...

      Delete
  4. Sounds super exciting. Can't wait to see it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! sounds exciting... ok quick suggestion, can you like double the size of your blog body text? It's so hard to read :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm...do you mean from the actual post? I'm wondering if your browser doesn't let you load the full page size. Because on my computer here it comes up big and the text is very good size.

      Delete
  6. I'm excited to read your new posts...was wondering if you could post pictures of your house and your bedroom(I know one time you said your sisters all share a bedroom)...that'd be cool to see, maybe share your organization tips as a large family, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will keep that in mind and try to do that!

      Delete
  7. This sounds GREAT!! Can't wait!!!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! i am thrilled!!! This is totally WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT! :) I don't really know what for sure to say that I am most looking forward to.... the hair tutorial sounds FUN! And I love to see pics that you take!.... umm.... recipe's sound fun! so yeah, they all sounds so thrilling, so kinda hard to tell you for sure what I can't wait to see ! :-D
    love you girl, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY I will really enjoy the Hair tutorials!!!! yay for Alli!!!!! tell her I am excited. :):) love you girls and miss you! but it was so wonderful to see you Wednesday night.. (remember when you guys were talking outside. lol! I am just teasing you!) well ttyl.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give your message to Alli.=)
      and ahem. yes...I remember well. I don't think I'm ever going to hear the end of that teasing, am I? =)

      Delete
    2. well.. if you really don't like it then... lol! -sle

      Delete
  10. my questions...hmmm. Depends if I'm feeling well behaved or not at the moment.:) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my. I think I should be scared. =)

      Delete
  11. So when you say "Senior Sessions" do you mean my mom. She's over 70, but don't tell her I posted it! Or do you mean me (cause now I'm in the 40 and over category)? It's amazing how "Senior" has different meanings depending on your age!
    G Witzenburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in high school seniors. =)
      Its funny, because just this summer when we were in Canada, people up there were talking about so and so being a "grad". So I asked someone why they call their highschool seniors "grads", instead of "seniors". And they said its because seniors are old people. And grads are graduates. Go figure. =)

      Delete
  12. I've followed your blog for the last few years and would be interested in:

    *Knowing what your guidelines are when you chose your clothes (ie pants (yes/no), necklines, lengths shape etc!)
    *What your current Bible studies are in
    *What you do with your life post school
    *What made you decide to serve God
    *Ideas/advice/encouragement in living a life as a single woman to the fullest
    *Ideas/advice/encouragement in helping other young girls in the church community
    *Living at home as an adult

    Some of these are questions I've wondered as I've read your and your family's blog, some are things I'm thinking about myself...

    Thanks,
    A follower in Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great questions! I will do my best to answer them in October! =)
      Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. I agree! Would LOVE to hear about clothing guidelines and living at home as an adult. :)

      Delete
  13. Dear Chelsy, this is so exciting! I am thrilled :) You are a great inspiration for me, even though I do not comment often. But I am a regular reader! I would like to hear some of your thoughts and resources maybe for courtship, marriage, and being productive while you are singe. I am looking forward to hair tutorials, as well as fashion posts- I absolutely love your style!!
    It would be interesting if you could give a tour around your house :)
    Blessings,
    Dinah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas! Come back in October for related posts! =)

      Delete
  14. Your Salvation story, and maybe some of your siblings and parents stories. I would love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo! I KNEW the long silence had to be for a good reason... since you are *normally* such a faithful blogger and all... unlike some of us *ahem*.

    I am way excited to see all the topics!!! I love that there is such a broad spectrum. Can't wait for it to start!

    ~Allie W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I'm super excited about this :) I love reading your blog and especially seeing pictures of your family and what you all are doing. I would like to echo Dinah's ideas-they sound really good :) Also, would be interested in recipes with photos and any ideas for someone who is single now, but hoping to one day have her own household, but also excited about the stage of life God has her in currently-and working with His help to be a blessing to her friends and family around her. Blessings!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cool idea! I love it and I think it's awesome that you're open to the challenge :)
    I'd love to hear more about your faith, opinion on dating, feminism etc... Thanks :)
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  18. This will be neat! I am looking forward to the hair posts! ;} Would those possibly include instructive step by step video clips?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I'd like to consider myself a creator. I am also a student and I have created this Etsy site: www.etsy.com/shop/craftforcollege I feature handmade crafts. I just wanted to share it and encourage you and others to check it out! I'd really appreciate a visit, and God Bless!

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait!!! Look's really fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chelsy,

    Would that be the St. Cloud Bright Lights conferences? My sisters and I are planning to come down and help with that. It would be great to see you again! :) I'm looking forward to all your blogging this month! Your blog is an encouragement to me.

    In Christ,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooooh, this will be so fun! i'm excited you're doing this, and look forward to following. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, I realize that I already posted a slightly, um, HUGE comment {sorry about that!}, but here is a handful of ideas for a Q+A post. I completely understand if you don't use any/all of these, but just thought I'd throw down a few, if you'd like to use them... =)

    - tips for having edifying, profitable conversation
    - how you answer the often-asked question people ask about what you're doing now that you have graduated
    - what has the Lord been teaching you recently?
    - what is one of your favorite verses from God's Word?
    - advice/your favorite verses on guarding your heart
    - what is one of your favorite hymns + how did you start out with your music?
    - advice for younger sisters-in-Christ (things you will never regret investing your time in, etc.)
    - what is one of your current photography dreams/goals or a shoot that you have dreamed of photographing?
    - how did you make the transition from an aspiring photographer to a professional photographer?
    - how much editing/culling do you do after a session? any tips for doing this more efficiently?
    - what's a typical day like for you? [I know you have many varied adventures, but maybe a slightly typical day... ;)]
    - any sewing/thrifting/altering tips or project ideas
    - what's your favorite + most challenging thing about having the blessing of a large family?
    - a recent awkward/memorable story from your travels ;)

    Whew, that's quite a few - again, please don't feel like you need to answer all of these. =) Hope you have had a blessed day + miss you, Chels! ~ EB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow Elizabeth. it might take me a year to answer all these. =)
      Great questions though! thanks so much for taking the time to comment with them.
      I shall do my best to at least answer some of them! =)

      Delete
    2. Ahh, so sorry that I ended up getting carried away with my "little" list of Q+A ideas... ;) Blessings and hope you are having a lovely day, Chels!

      Delete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.