Thursday, September 5, 2013

From the Weekend

 I made it and I'm still alive and it was an awesome Labor Day!
It exceeded all my expectations 
and I am just super blessed that God has allowed our family to host this event every year.
The Turning Hearts Celebration is one of the highlights of my year every year
 and even though its a crazy amount of work to pull everything off, I love it so much!
It is however taking me a while to recover from the "to bed at 2:30am and up again at 6:30am" schedule that I had going last weekend. =) 
I'm giving you all just one picture today-taken on Sunday of my bud Sam & I. 
We accidentally matched. 
And that always calls for a picture. =)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
See the family blog for pictures of the weekend & Labor Day, coming soon!
|||||||||||||||||||
There's a full weekend ahead, with my two brothers' grad party tomorrow night, concerts Saturday/Sunday, & family camp starting Sunday afternoon. 

Have a happy weekend!
-chels



6 comments:

  1. Yay, a post! I have been missing them... but I know that you are CRAZY busy!!! See ya tonight, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today and it is very interesting. Are a lot of your family members Mennonites? I ask because I see so many lovely women wearing long dresses and either prayer caps or scarves.

    Keep up the good work. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Both of my parents background is Amish. My parents both grew up in the Beachy Amish church. My grandparents and quite a few of my cousins/aunts/uncles are still Beachy Amish. I have a lot of cousins that are various kinds of Mennonite. And most of my second cousins and great uncles and aunts are still Amish.
      And then we have lots of friends as well who are Amish/Mennonite/Hutterite/etc.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that must be so interesting. We visited Bird In Hand, Pa a few years back and it is lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture, your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.