Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Carson::Senior 2013

With two brothers graduating this year, I had two senior shoots to add to my schedule.
I can definitely say that my bros were some of the most fun senior shoots I've done so far.
Because I live with them and know them so well, I really didn't even have to ask them what they would want for props, etc. 
I just KNEW. =)
Meet my big little brother, Carson.
He is seventeen and sometimes I wonder if oil and grease run in his veins instead of blood. =)
It is not an understatement to say that he LOVES equipment.
Not only does he love it, but he knows what it takes to make it all tick and run.
He is happiest working on a big engine, or anything that needs fixing in the mechanical department.
He knows more about our bus and what makes it run, than anyone else in our family.
He's already been offered a job by several mechanic shops.
He was the first one in our family to really get a hunger and a desire for soul-winning. 
Even as a little boy he was constantly sharing Christ and handing out tracts.
He shares the gospel with people everywhere, like the guy who brings our pig feed, and
 the cashier at the gas station.
He inspires me.
He has a vision and a purpose. 
He knows where he's going and what he's after in life.
Carson and my personalities are somewhat similar.
  As a result we've always either seen eye to eye on things...or else both been so sure that our way was right that we majorly butted heads. =)
He can play the bass like nobody's business.
He's also picked up guitar this past year.
He bought this old four-wheeler for a steal somewhere. 
When he got it it had all kinds of issues and didn't even run.
He tore it all apart this spring and spent hours getting new parts and putting it all back together again.
Now he's got it running like a dream. 
He plans to sell it (for a profit, of course) and buy another one that "doesn't work". =)
Love you, brother! 
Praying God will bless you and use you in MIGHTY ways for His Kingdom!

-chels

6 comments:

  1. Great photos, Chels! Carson sounds like my dad...always tinkering with something! And always brainstorming about what sorts of broken things he can fix. :) I find it fascinating since I have NO clue how such machines are put together. heehee :) Loved hearing Carson thump away on his bass this past weekend. It's neat to see siblings who love one another so sweetly and cooperate well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! love what you wrote about him.
    and thanks for doing this whole 'boho blogtober' deal with me...couldn't do it without ya. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chels. So good to know you through Olivia Howard's blog. Your comment on her blog post helped me to see your profile on the blogger and was so blessed to know that your priority in your life is Jesus and you are His daughter this helps me to connect with you. I am glad to stop by your blog "Life with Chels" (thoughts, ideas, dreams, inspirations and photograph) and your post on it "Carson::2013". Your brother's photo's with guitar show your skill in photography. Those are cute photo's of your brother. I was impressed by what you worte about you in your profile where you want to make difference in the World for Jesus. Amen to what you say. Well this gives me an opportuntiy to share with you an opportuntiy to volunteer yourself to come to Mumbai, India to work with us amongst poorest of poor in the slums of Mumjbai, India. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this city a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Jesus Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the west to come to Mumbai on a short term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with during your summer vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.