Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tribute to the Soldiers


There's so much I want to say in this post.
But sometimes a song just says it the best.
I heard this song today and it just blessed my heart so so much.
I love songs like this.
And I dearly love the voice of the guy that's singing it-the whole song is sung in such a heartfelt way and I love that.
This subject is one that's very dear to me.
I'm proud to be an American, not because of what our country is today, but because of what it was founded on. That is my America.
I know we are fast losing our freedom. But this song is to remember and honor a time and a place and the ones today who are truly serving our country by protecting us as they fight for us.
 I am so proud of the soldiers who have given, and those who daily give, their lives for our freedom.
You may argue with me, and disagree, and take for granted what you have.
If you are in the above categories than I will tell you that I wish you could live in a country whose history has been opposite of ours.
Because maybe if you experienced what it was like to live in one of those countries, then you would be thankful.
And just warning those pacifists among you out there: you will be posting negative comments at your own risk. I really can't tolerate that kind of ungratefulness. When we're talking about people giving their lives for you to have the freedom to say and do whatever you want, its serious business to criticize that.

Let's be thankful today for our freedom, people. Remember to thank God for those who make it possible for you to live every day at home, with your families, in freedom.
-chels

11 comments:

  1. beautiful song and beautifully said. thank you!!! i think we all take our freedoms too lightly and don't give soldiers their due credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. LOVE this, Chelsy! So well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song Chels! I couldn't agree more. I like what you wrote in support of this subject. Thank you for your faithfulness in posting. :-) It is an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. And so true. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we all should be grateful for the freedom the United States provides all of us. Freedom of speech and religion to name 2 of the most important. Our right to vote for the candidates of our choice. Brave men and women have fought long and hard to provide us those rights and many more. Their sacrifice should be honored everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! wonderful song. thanks for posting. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. This is so true. I couldn't agree more.
    May God bless our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes. Thank you Jesus for this land that I love so much!
    ~Allison B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen!! Great words and a great song. Thanks so much for sharing!! With 2 cousins in the Army, I'm especially saddened to see so many people take our freedom for granted. God Bless America, and all the men and women who have served/are serving our country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks soooo much! My dad served in the Military for 26 years and I am soooooo proud of him!!
    I am also soooooo thankful for the liberty we have been given by God!
    I am VERY proud to be an American but I also pray that as a country we would turn back to God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen and amen. Thanks for posting this. My little brother just got back from a deployment, and I am so grateful that he and many others and their families are willing at tremendous sacrifice to do what is necessary to preserve our freedoms. There is a blog that I follow to be continually reminded of the sacrifice of so many for me. You can find it here: http://www.unknownsoldiersblog.com/ Also, one of the most incredible stories you will ever read is about the life of Adam Brown recorded by Eric Blehm in the book Fearless.

    I am one that believes that instead of running away when the going gets rough we desperately need Christians in the military and in government to stand boldly for righteousness. It's definitely not easy, but did God ever say living for Him in this fallen world would be?

    Looking forward to seeing you all when you are back down here in January!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.