Thursday, November 7, 2013

Donuts & Style & Random Things||Personal

 I know today's post has you all kind of confused with the odd combination of titles.
But I have a lot to say, and its all pretty different. So I thought that was the best way to sum it up.=)
First of all. We continued with tradition and made donuts again last week.
{they are SO good. why do we not do this every week?} 
As with everything they are best shared. (above photo for demonstration)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
There are a few random things that happened this week that I thought were worth sharing. Half of them are awkward, and half are quite awesome. 
{I've never really cared for the "Awk/Awe" post titles. Am I really about to do one of these? =))
Awkward:
*using our new salad spinner. Its a little techy for me. I was in a hurry and trying to speed the process up. So I opened the lid while it was still spinning. BAD IDEA. #lettucefliesalloverthekitchenliterally  #notimesaved
*sharpened a new knife before cutting apples. Sliced my finger badly on the second apple. bandaged the finger. the next day was baking in the kitchen. while pressing food into pan I suddenly notice patches of RED all over the food mixture, and realize that the wound that was partially healed obviously popped open and my finger is bleeding all over the place.
#scrapeoutallredcontents 
*mice taking over my house. this isn't just awkward. its awful. my brothers killed THREE just today. 
#micehatersunite 
*being told for the ??? time that I look "just like Katie, the Kisses from Katie, Katie!" 
its getting kind of funny. 

Random awesome:
*having seven extra little ones at our house for the day/overnight, twice in the last week!
*waking up at night with the baby when she started crying. She just needed love, snuggles, and her bottle. Bless her cuddly little self.
#lovedthosemoments
*finding out today that two amazing people that are very special to our family...just began a relationship!!!
It's doubly special because I saw it coming. =)
#lovelovelove #itsintheair
*not being able to accomplish hardly anything because I was so preoccupied with the above news. =) 
*My new 5D Mark III camera that I am head over heels in LOVE with!

{and for those of you wondering, no, I don't have instagram. I just found out about the lovely invention of hashtags from a friend and now I'm just a little obsessed with using them. Who says you have to have instagram to get to use hashtags? =)}
And about the hairstyles...well, for quite some time now people have been asking me what exactly I mean when I refer to my sister's and my "very different styles".
Many sisters that are close like us...share everything and have very similar styles of clothing and hair.
We are a little different in that while we love each other to death...we hardly share ANYTHING and we look/dress/do hair quite differently from each other.
My point in all this...is that I'm wondering if I should do a post talking about this and WHY we are so different. Would anyone be interested?
 I'm just putting this out there to see if its something y'all want to hear about or not. =)


-chels

41 comments:

  1. A post about your differences in style/taste and why would be s fun sister thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES on two things - one being that you DO look just like Katie from Kisses from Katie (just to reassure you for the ___th time I know) and the second being that YES YES YES you need to do a post on your sister and you and your differences and your styles, aaaaaand...I have 3 sisters so that should be a fun read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested to hear about your differences. I have a older sister and we are alike in somethings, but not in everything.:)
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post, Chelsy!You got a new camera??? You go girl! :0 Eeeeeeeek!!! Who just started a relationship?!?!? Is it someone I know?!?!? I need to try some of your donuts! Mmmmm... they look delish! #icouldliveondonuts ;] Yes! You totally should do that post!
    Love yer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure if you know them but you've probably seen them both at some point in time on either my blog or my family's blog...the girl is my cousin Dorcas Schrock and the guy is a family friend, Jacob Potsander. They both live here in Kalona. It's pretty exciting. =)

      Delete
  5. The first time I saw the cover of 'Kisses from Katie' I thought you looked a LOT like her. :) I'm interested in knowing your differences. My older sister and I have some differences with style, hair, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One, YES do a post about your styles I would LOVE that. Two, so excited for the new dating couple! :) And three, you got a mark iii. SO excited for you!

    Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pics r sista life at its best!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be SO interested in a post like that!!! :) I have three younger sisters and this post seems right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. #lovedthispost #yesdoastylepost #donutsforthewin #yayrelationships
    #lovingthefactthatigotyoustartedonhashtags :P #5DMARK3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! very interested! my older sister and i are the very same way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post this is Chels!:) The eating of the doughnuts reminds me so of when you were at our house and we all consumed such a very Large amount!;) And the two amazing people that just began a relationship!?!!! I'm just WILD!!!;):) Hannah and I have just Laughed about this so much the last two weeks, and its Such a relief that we can finally talk and laugh about it with others too!!:) Its So Darling I think, how its all happening!:) And I'm So, SO super happy and excited for them!!:) Like just really, its SO Exciting!!!:) And I think they will be absolutely Beautiful together!!:) God's Hand in this is just so amazing and exciting!!:) It just makes me smile and laugh and all those things!;) I absolutely can't wait till Christmas time when we can all be together and discuss!;) so those are my thoughts concerning it all!;) Love you dear, and if I were with you I would give you so very many hugs!!;) ♥Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would give me many hugs. =) Yes, I'm wildly excited excited too..and very very proud of you for keeping the secret so well. =)

      Delete
    2. Will you do a post soon about the 2 special people??? !!!! smile

      Delete
    3. I'm hoping to...I'm taking pictures of them heading out on their first date tonight. =) So stay tuned! =)

      Delete
  12. yes, I think it would be so fun if you would do a post about Styles/tastes!!! :) that would be so neat! wow thank you Chels for everything yesterday! I looved it!!!! it was SO fun to be together.. I did a really pretty bun on Mary today. it turned out good because of the curls! so anyway thanks for coming over. it was a blast! I love you girls SO much. and you do look like Katie from Kisses From Katie. okay have a nice day! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so welcome..it was fun indeed. =)

      Delete
  13. Yes please do! That would be Great! =)

    ~Amelia Grace Stroup~

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be awesome if you posted about you and your sister's differences about style/taste in different things!
    Haha! I just recently told my sister while looking at the book, Kisses from Katie, she had gotten a few months ago from Journey to the Heart, that you look so much like her! :)
    How is your family doing? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're doing well! how about you? I'm still waiting for you and your sister to come visit sometime, girl! =)
      So glad your sis got to go to journey to the heart!!

      Delete
  15. I would love for you to do a post about the differences between you and your sister. I have a younger sister (we're 18 months apart), and we are pretty much complete opposites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo, yeah! Please talk about why you are so different. It sounds intriguing. :)

    Will respond to your email as soon as I can.

    Love ya, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE it. I have 5 sisters... so talk about variations of style. :} (Or the lack of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES definitely do a post on you and your sisters style!!! I would love to hear about that.....you both have such great style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES!!!!!!!!!!! Please post something on how you and your sister are different! You both are so beautiful! BTW, what was the reason for having the seven extra little ones stay the day or night?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come on Chelsy, we've been waiting FoReVeR to hear about your differences, etc.!!! (Ok, maybe not quite...) ;) Can't wait though!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to see a sister post!!! #thatwouldbeawesome :) Congrats on the 5D mark 2 #superduperjealous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes do a sisters style post, and also, you once said something about telling all your blog readers why your sister dresses "So classy" every single day, I'm interested in that!
    ~ a NE. reader

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes! Please do that post on your style differences!!! My older sister and I are polar opposites in style and personality...people often think it's strange that we're best friends! I'd love to hear your take on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, please, I'd like to know that! :P I can relate to that with my sister... :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahemmm, Yes. do a post on sister styles. That would be fun!
    #kellyandiaresodifferent
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Annnd... Those donuts look really yum - Kelly and Joe and Chris said they can vouch for that!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love for you to do a sister post! Although my sisters and I have a little bit different styles, we still share clothes a lot and wear a lot of the same kind of things, so I think it would be neat to hear how you and your sister are different. =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love if you did a post about you and Allison's different styles! Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Chelsy, What two people have a realationship in your family? Smile!!!
    Love Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, I want to see a post on your and Allison's different styles: hair, clothes, food, whatever. It is fun to see how two close sisters can be different in their tastes, I'm speaking from experience as my sister and me are like that! Please do!

    Rebecca K.

    ReplyDelete
  31. lol!! I was totally planning to tell you that you looked like Katie Davis!! Yeah! Bring it on!! I think Beka and I have y'all beat at differences! Love her so much though! Blessings your way! Hannah T.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.