Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Its Right Around the Corner...

(above: opening scene from last year's production)

...and I'm so in the mood for it!
This Christmas Play time is truly, for me, one of
 "the most wonderful times...of the year!" =)
Last night as my sisters and I walked up the church stairs...it seemed just like last year all over again. Although this time we knew what we were getting into. =)
Church was quiet. (compared to regular church service days) 
As we walked past the sanctuary we peeked in. To a regular passerby, it would've looked like someone had totally ransacked the room and was in the process of ripping the stage/walls to shreds.
Ah, yes. That's definitely a good sign. It means big transformation is right around the corner!
Each door we walked through had that familiar sign,
 "Quiet Please. Recording session in progress."
Finally we reached the small office/recording room at the back of the church.
It was filled with the smell of pines and christmas trees (amazing candle) and the other actors who were also in the first two scenes and were there to record their lines.
We had a splendid 2 1/2 hrs of getting in the Christmas mood through the "prepping" our pastor gave us, (we listened to clips of the music and saw slides of various new scenes/props) the retelling of the Christmas story, and putting everything we had into our various parts...
 ...doing them over and over again and then finally scoring with the "keeper" lines.
 I have always loved big dramatic productions and all the behind the scenes work and details that go into them. Its so fun to work and dream and see all the details come together as everyone pulls together and does his/her part.
All that said....I'm ready for Christmas. I'm in the spirit, in the mood, and in the middle of all the preparations. 
That's life right now, and it will continue to be a large part of my life for the next 5wks. 
Stay tuned for more to come!

-chels

11 comments:

  1. Do you deck out your house for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsy!
    I agree with you,I love Christmas. I enjoy listening to your family's music and was wondering if your family has thought about recording a new CD with Christmas songs?

    Haley

    PS, I love your blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will stay Tuned! that's for-sure! :) I LOOVE the Christmas Play and I love Christmas. :) I can wait to see it. oh and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. it is gonna be a Blast! yay!!! well see you tomorrow, Love you! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND I GET TO SEE IT THIS YEAR!! YAY!! Thanks for the invite... I'm lookin' forwrd to it! :)
    ~Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! So excited you guys get to be here for it!! Oh, we are SO anticipating your visit! =)

      Delete
  5. I wish we were close enough to come see the performance! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe it is already that time of the year again! What parts are you and Allison playing?

    Hope you have a great week!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison's parts haven't all been finalized yet...but from the brainstorming I've heard she's gonna have some pretty epic roles. =)
      I'm a late 1800's maid working at a southern plantation. I'll be acting throughout the play as the 3rd/supporting narrator.
      Rebecca was the other one that was recording the other night. She is playing Mary (mother of Jesus) baby sister. =) Pretty cute. =)

      Delete
  7. cannot WAIT for the Christmas play...last year we were totally blown away by it..eek! so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We so loved watching the performance last year and are really hoping that it will work to come this year, too. =) Sounds like another awesomely epic production. =) Blessings and praying that all of the details will come together as the performances draw nearer. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.