Monday, December 9, 2013

Report from the Seamstress

{Above picture: typical sight last week.
fabric, pattern pieces, pins, scissors, measuring tape, and misc scattered all over. In the middle of the picture resides my classy mug of yummy Tim Hortons coffee. 
*thank-you to the sweet people who gifted us that big tub of Tim Hortons when we were in Canada this summer! Its been keeping me alive!=)
Last week it was mostly me and my coffee and my sewing machine during the days, with Celtic Thunder Christmas music keeping us company...and rehearsals every night @ church. 

So I'm sorry for the lack of anything on here this past week. It has been a crazy seven days;
however, I am so thrilled to report that the sewing is DONE and I am back to sanity. =)
For some reason deadlines make me more prone to mistakes. 
{why am I like this?}
Having a Friday deadline with all the sewing projects, seemed to just be inviting my seam ripper to the party. =/ Unfortunately that item was busy busy busy all week, as well as my sewing machine. Agh! How I hate ripping out seams!
By Thursday night I knew sickness was just around the corner if I didn't take care of myself. Thankfully I got all finished on Friday and missed the sick-in-bed kind of sickness that I thought might be coming, and instead just got the "well-enough-to-be-out-of-bed-but-wish-to-be-in-bed" kind. =) In spite of not being totally up to par, I am super thankful that I'm able to be up and doing things. This would be the worst time of year to be sick, for sure, with all the rehearsals/performances and everything going this week!
And speaking of thankfulness...I'm super thankful for the cousins that came all the way from NY to visit over Thanksgiving! Lovely times we had and I'm so grateful for family! We made so many fun memories-keep an eye on the family blog, as my sis will be posting pictures from Thanksgiving weekend, on there soon!
Come back tomorrow or Wednesday for pictures of the projects I sewed! =)
-Chels

11 comments:

  1. Sounds busy over there. :) I totally get the deadline/prone to mistakes concept. Happens to me all the time. Unfortunately. :) hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. Winter sickness always seems to be worse than the sicknesses you get any other time of the year. Maybe it's the cold...not really a cold person... Anyway, I'm praying for you and your family. God bless!
    -Your sister-in-Christ, Abby Allen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Tim Horton's! I so wish they would stop being just in Canada and plant a few here in NC! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually Tim Horton's in the states... not sure where exactly they all are, but I know there are some in Ohio!

      Delete
  4. Super excited to see pictures of your sewing projects, Chels! I'm sure they are amazing. =) And, yes, I can totally relate to the whole seam-ripping thing! Recently I saw this "Keep Calm + Grab the Seam Ripper" printable (http://crazylittleprojects.com/2013/08/keep-calm-sewing-printable.html) and it just may soon be taped up by our sewing machine. ;) Praying that you all will stay healthy for the performances and that the Lord would be glorified! Ah, sounds like it's going to be another awesome play. :) All right - have a lovely evening, Chels! Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your pretty busy over there!I am also caught up with rehearsals and such,and have one to attend tonight!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to see your sewing projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sewing + Coffee + Celtic Music ... sounds like a glorious day to me, Chelsy! <3

    @ Johanna- I sympathize with you, since my state is one of the privileged few that carries Tim Horton's. It helps when you share a boarder with Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait see the pictures from you Thanksgiving weekend. Sounds like fun sewing, drinking coffee, and listening to music.:) Stay well and don't over work yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just in case you were concerned...I think my nails are growing back nicely after our "friendly" 3 hour game of Dutch Blitz ;] Loved every minute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I wish I could sew! Do you like to do it? I think it's so neat you know how to do this! I tried to learn how to follow a pattern, but I found it to be super challenging for my little pea size brain. By the way, I love all your posts that blog about! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.