Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome, 2014!

Happy New Year!
I'm excited to head out into 2014 and do all I can for God! I want this to year to be a year like none other-just full of total abandonment to whatever Jesus calls me to! 
Here are a few thoughts/verses that describe my heart for the coming year:
THINK POSITIVELY
EXERCISE DAILY
EAT HEALTHY
WORK HARD
STAY STRONG
WORRY LESS
DANCE MORE
LOVE OFTEN
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:30-31

The first quote is typical of most new year's resolutions. I'm not committing to the "exercise daily" one. =) But other than that-I'm gonna give it the rest a valiant effort! And I'm planning to work more on the exercising deal too. Just not necessarily every day.

I love those two verses in Lamentations-His mercies are new EVERY MORNING. What an incredible promise! I like to think of it that His mercies are new for this year; that He knows everything that is coming and He is totally faithful to take me through whatever it may be!

And then the verses in Isaiah-there's so much work to be done for the Lord. And He promises to give us strength, as we wait on Him, and trust Him for everything!

I'm excited for the coming year! Last year went by way too fast and I want to be even more intentional in making each moment count in the 2014.

And as far as new year's resolutions for me personally, I prefer to call them goals...and I usually don't have mine solidified until the end of January. =) So I may be posting about that later. My Hannah friend had the awesome idea of monthly goals/resolutions, which greatly appeals to me and sounds much more achievable, so I may jump on that bandwagon this year too!

-chels

5 comments:

  1. ahh a new year is so exciting!! appreciate your heart and can't wait to see how God uses you as you 'make sparks' fly with your flurries of activity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your boots! :) I love those verses/thoughts especially 'Think Positively', 'Worry Less' and 'Love Often'. My New Year's resolutions would probably be to cook more{I'd love to learn to cook like you and Allison :)} and learn more about photography/ become a better photographer.

    Hope your year of 2014 is blessed!

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I just want to ask what you mean by "total abandonment to whatever Jesus calls me to." I think I get what you're saying, but it sounds as though you want to abandon what Jesus has called you to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...that was a little mistake on my part-need to fix that. =) what I meant was being sold out and abandoning my OWN plans for what Jesus has. =)

      Delete
  4. Happy new year! I love that you mentioned the monthly goals instead of a big goal for the year. I think we all set ourselves up for failure when we make huge gigantic new years resolutions, knowing good and well that they probably won't be met. I personally do much better with monthly lists :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.