Friday, April 11, 2014

Posting from the Sickbed

I did not plan to post today. I've been too busy to post lately, and my list for today definitely had no room for posting time either. But alas for all that, I woke up this morning dreadfully sick. I basically never get sick unless I am way behind on sleep, and I recognized right away that this was definitely not that. My stomach was churning all night, and finally this morning I was with it enough to figure out what was wrong-that I have a very bad case of food poisoning. How lovely. To my knowledge, I've never had food poisoning before, and I'm very happy if I never get it again.

I'm trying to rest here and not get stressed thinking of how I was going to have an uber-productive day conquering my mile-long list of cleaning, food prep for the weekend's company, sewing projects with deadlines, secretary work, and music practice for tomorrow's concert, Sunday's special music, and next weekend's youth conference. Instead I reside flat in bed leisurely sipping forcing down a most dazzling, non-tempting array of charcoal water, lemon water, and ginger tea. (anyone want to trade places?) You can't imagine how delightful these beverages are. (ahem...)

As usual, I have lots of things to post about. But sadly most of the pictures are all on my camera. And when you are sick in bed, it isn't exactly appealing to think of getting out of bed, getting the camera and camera cord, plugging everything in, downloading/sorting the pictures, loading and posting the pictures to blogger, and posting. Nope, food poisoning has taken away my zest for movement, blogging, and most everything else normal.

What is actually quite funny is that several days ago I was making a very special appetizer in preparation for an event, and I was so excited about it that I took pictures of ingredients, prep process, etc. I had amazing plans to post this whole start-to-finish process, and it was going to look like something that the Pioneer Woman would pull off, and I was so excited.

The appetizer turned out amazing. I took it to the party I was going to and everyone enjoyed it. But the next day, we had it in a little cooler/lunch box thing with us while running errands, and I was snacking on it at different times throughout the day. And looking back, I'm realizing that that cooler was not cold enough to keep the cheese ball safe. I unknowingly ate a rather large amount of "non-safe" cheese ball. And now here I am, experiencing a very thorough case of food poisoning.


hope y'all have a healthy weekend, and never forget to refrigerate your cheese balls! =)
-chels

28 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you are sick! I believe I have been food poisoned once, and my mother has been a couple times. It is horrible and dreadful. But the Lord is the infinite doctor and I know he still has you in the palm of His hand...I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Blessings, Chelsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're sick! Praying you get better soon!!
    Looking forward to your next posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry!!

    You know that I will be praying for you!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try drinking apple cider vinager (about 2 tablespoons). My dad has lots of problems with food poisoning and apple cider vinager works every time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Chelsy! I'll be praying for you. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry! I will be praying for you to get better fast!! God bless! Don't quit on the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry!! I hate being sick. :( I've never had food poisoning (that I know of, anyways), but it sounds horrible. Hope you feel better really soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GET WELL SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe...Chelsy! LOTS of prayers coming from our house! After a good night's rest I hope that you will feel all brand-new again!
    HUGS!!
    Jess for the Mayo ladies

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you're feeling better xx
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo!!! Yuck! Oh, Chelsy, that's horrid! You poor thing. Hope you feel better soon! But until then, you REST and
    do what you have to to get well. Don't get back into things TOO fast. Poor dear. You rest! Will be praying for
    you! Sending hugs your way. Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, that is SO sad.... please get better SOON.... we are coming to the concert tonight and I want to see you there.......! I'm praying for you! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never food poising befor so yeah I feel for u their chelsy and bout sick in bed or the couch and u didt feel like doing anything and been their done that hugs and paryers hope u feel better girly God belss u and lov u =) =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon!

    Thanks for giving all of us the helpful tip....I'll make sure to remember avoid non-refrigerated cheese balls lol :)

    Many hugs to you!
    Ali

    www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so sorry to hear this. Not fun at all. :(

    Hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe!!! Praying for you Chels that you feel 100% soon =)
    Hugs!
    Pris Gerber

    ReplyDelete
  17. it was so nice to catch up with each-other last night. and what a wonderful concert.even the unplanned concert right before introducing. lol just kidding. anyway we enjoyed it Immensely!!! love ya. hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are feeling much better! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello chelsy. What a blessing to know your family. I have been following your blog "It's a beautiful life" and the posts on it . I did remember commenting on one of the blog post but it seems since I am writing other stuff about the ministry you may not be approving it which is okay. Today once again the Lord laid me to your blog post and I was more blessed to know your family. May the Lord touch you with His healing power and grant you good health. Pastor Diwakar Wankhede from India

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chelsy,
    Hope you get better really soon and post a new blog soon!!! :)

    Hannah
    hannahlovedaysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Chelsy,

    I am usually not a pukey type of person, but I got food poisoning twice last year! And yes, it is TERRIBLE!!! Hope you are better now!

    Hailey D. (We emailed a few times a little while ago. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Chelsy,
    Hope you feel well soon. Did you get my email? I sent it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard back from you yet.
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Chels...you need to update, because everytime I check, I read the title of the last post....and it doesn't really sound all that great!): (; I mean even if you just post a new title and nothing else...that would be better! lol! (: Come home soon! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.