Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseball || Recipe


Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, diced, divided (or leave seeds if you want it really zippy!)
6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled, divided (about 6 ounces)
Salt to taste
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mix together in order given, reserving a little of the jalapeños and bacon for the end. Form mixture into ball. Roll in remaining jalapeños and bacon until covered. Chill covered for an hour. Serve with crackers.
All ready to go...complete with the pinterest recipe on the screen. 
ingredients and trusty kitchen tools....
it is nothing short of a miracle that this much bacon survived and made it into the cheese ball. sister and I both have a rather shocking love for bacon and it is SOOO good when its hot and crispy.
adding the cumin...
I have this thing for green onions. period. 
they are like my version of comfort food. I could put them in EVERYTHING.
{except chocolate cake of course}
mix it all together....
the finished product!
and it was amaaaaazing! just, when you make yours, remember to refrigerate! =)
and speaking of that...you would NOT believe how many people have come up to me in the last three weeks and asked me how I'm doing. wow. quite humbling.
 I was like, "did I REALLY tell the whole world that I had food poisoning?"

Happy cooking!
-Chels


8 comments:

  1. Oh. Green onions. I feel ya there, girl!

    This recipe looks and sounds reallllly yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be to hard on yourself! Maybe it'll help all of us to remember to keep our stuff refrigerated. That's not something I would of ever thought of getting ( food poisoning) by eating a cheeseball that's been left out too long. It looks so good! I agree bacon and onions are good in most things savory! Hugs! Merry from eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have got to try this sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Definitely going to have to try this recipe out!
    Oh yes, bacon is a rare treat at our house and we have to put severe restrictions on it if we want any left for a meal. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delish!!! Definitely have got to try it...SOON!!!

    ~Tiffani =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! I may need to try it this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, That is funny about the bacon.. My Dad loooves bacon, He can be sound asleep when we start frying bacon and he will be in the kitchen in no time flat. Its bad enough that we have started hiding it in the oven:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cheese ball was EPIC..but I still can't believe you got food poisoning from it the next day..ugh, so awful!
    :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.