Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy 20th to the Sista!

It is really unbelievable that she is TWENTY today. 
Seriously! Didn't I just turn twenty yesterday? And she is 3 1/2 yrs behind me!
In age, that is. 
In maturity she is way ahead of me and I look up to her as one of the most amazing people in my life. 
It is hard to believe that there was a time about ten years ago when we were almost to the point of sworn enemies constant unkindness. 
(thank-you Jesus for parents who saw the potential of a great relationship and were so patient in disciplining and telling us again and again the value of sister friendship!)
there is no one I would rather hang out with.
no one who knows me so well. 
she knows my weaknesses and faults and she always sticks with me in spite of that. 
she is my fellow coffee lover. 
her style is amazing. hair, makeup, clothes...she pulls off the most elegant look with ease and grace, everyday.
she is my favorite person with which to watch and quote BBC movies.
she tones me down and makes me think through and talk about things when I'd rather just lose my temper.
(just keeping it real here)
her strength is communication and talking things through.
I'm a stuffer, the opposite of her...but she encourages me to talk about issues instead of just stuffing them under the surface.
Her heart for people blows me away. God has given her this gift for listening and speaking life into people and she has impacted SO many people through doing just that.
she loves Jesus more than anything else in life.
and second to that, she loves her family, and she pours herself out everyday for all of us.
Happy 20th, Alli! 
I wish you an amazing twentieth year filled to the brim with...
* more of Jesus and growing closer to Him
*seeing Him working in all the lives that you have invested in this past year
*a continued sense of purpose and direction
*wisdom as you expand your talents to new fields of learning
*and...many other new adventures =)
Love you, sista!

"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.
Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:10&30

{photography credits to the lovely Hannah Elise}

-Chels

26 comments:

  1. Aw, such a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Alison! I love the photos of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 20th Birthday, Alli!

    You and I are only four months apart in age. How cool is that?! ;)

    Chels, your words were just beautiful. What a precious tribute to your dear sister + friend.

    Hugs to you both!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Happy Birthday Allison!
    May God continue to bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Chels!
    And a very happy birthday to you, Allison! <3
    God Bless you all!

    Blessings,
    Cryslyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of you today Allison! Hope you are having an amazing birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww loved this!! Alli amazes me all the time--like talk about grace and SKILLZ.
    hope she has a beautiful day. :)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!

    Happy Birthday Allison!

    Love from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Allison!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy birthday Allison! Allison, I LOVE your shirt. & Chels..your eyes!! You guys are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Allison! Hope your year of twenty is blessed! [Btw, I loved how you said she was the communicator between the two of you. So true for me also, with my older sister. :) ]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe...Chelsy, what a lovely post and write up for your best friend!
    Happy 20th to an amazing Godly young lady!
    Hope and pray that you had a great day!
    Birthday blessings from our home~
    Maggie for the Mayo girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Allison! Thanks for the encouraging words Chelsy. It gives me hope for the future of our bickering 11 and 13 year olds! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chelsy... that post was AWESOME! You are SO nice! :-D Alison must be SO thankful for a sister like you. Or, I KNOW she is VERY thankful for a sister like you! God bless you girl. Hugs from, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Allison!!! You've been such an encouragement to me and especially when I needed to hear it most.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! Those are lovely pictures of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy birthday my dear!:) You truly are a very gorgeous lady with an incredible heart!!:) You give amazing hugs!!;) Which is wonderful seeing as both of our dear just older sisters aren't quite so passionate about that as we are!;} Ha!;) And its so super fun to share a birthday with you!;) Love you!:) And Multiple Great hugs!!;) ♥Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know this is off topic, but I was just curious if your family is coming to NICHE this year? I remember a few years ago your family did a post about you graduating at NICHE and was just curious if you're planning on coming this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Allison!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a sweet post! Happy Birthday Allison! From someone who doesn't have a sister I have to say I am utterly jealous of your relationship :) (and yes....isn't it weird when you reach a point where it seems like those years behind you are getting so "old"?!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet!! Hope she had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is lovely indeed! I've always loved any opportunity I've had to be with you and her both! ♥ I love how you both love Jesus so much, and live so fully free and alive because of that! You are both such inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday Allison! It was so great to work with you at the BL conferences in October.

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a darling post, Chels! Allison, I LOVE YOU!!!
    #i'mcurrentlymissingallyoualllikecrazy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.