Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Idol Of Grace || Linked

Ah friends...I have a gem to share with you today. I read an article yesterday and my heart just soared. FINALLY someone out there who is writing about the TRUTH of grace! Hallelujah! I have read a few other good articles on this topic but it has been awhile and I was so thankful for this one that I found.

I hate it that I cringe when I hear the word "grace" brought up. The reason I hate it is because the "Christian" culture in general has so twisted and mocked this word that they have made it into something it doesn't even mean. And 99% of the time when I hear someone begin to talk about grace,  I cringe because I know what is coming and it just breaks my heart to hear people so slander and misrepresent a word that in its TRUE meaning, is so beautiful and sacred, a word that represents such freedom and truth.

Please, please, I beg you---do not join the "we can do it ALL BECAUSE OF GRACE" bandwagon. It is such a slippery slope. Instead, commit yourself to be a warrior and a proclaimer for the TRUE meaning of grace and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I just wanted to give a little introduction. To read the entire article that I am referring to, go here.

Be blessed.
-Chels

12 comments:

  1. So good Chelsy! Thank you very much. -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that chels! SO true!
    -Rebekah T

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of THE best articles on grace I have EVER read!! Like you, I've had to grimace more at the mention of grace because of how it has been so awfully abused and misused for MAN'S glory, than for God's glory. Thank you so much for sharing this link!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is awesome! Thank you Chelsy for sharing. A beautiful
    reminder of what grace REALLY is!
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great words on grace. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truly was an excellent article. Shared it on my FB! I was encouraged while catching up on your blog this afternoon. ;) Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you clarify what you mean by the wrong meaning of grace? Just trying to understand what you are saying =D

    Did you get to go to Jill Duggar's wedding?!

    In Christ,
    ~Tiffani =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure!
    What I meant was that....a lot of people use the term "grace covers it all" and use the word to excuse doing whatever they want. They say it is "all under grace" and so it doesn't matter what they do, how we live, what we wear, what we say, etc etc. I disagree, obviously! Grace isn't there to excuse our sin. Hopefulyl that makes sense!
    And no, we didn't get to go to Jill's wedding. Sadly! We had our summer tour planned before she was even courting and we were scheduled to be out east from June 15-July 15. We had a multitude of friends that were there though and from all the updates we've been getting it sounds like it was a big and beautiful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Now that I understand what you mean, I TOTALLY agree!
      In Christ,
      ~Tiffani =D

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing! This is so true and worded so wonderfully
    - Nini

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a great post, Chels, and for the linked article - I completely agree!
    - Ike

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great, sorry,but im just now reding this butit was great to read

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.