Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rejuvenate Lately

Sometimes in the midst of everything you just have to take a little time to stop and rejuvenate. In times like that, you need a few friends who you know you can call on to come and relax a little with you. I had one of these times with my sista and two dear friends of ours a couple of weeks ago (right in the midst of our Missions Conference + Turning Hearts Celebration + cousin's wedding + company + camp preparation) and it was priceless. I'm so thankful for these girls-they know me way too well. =) I'm blessed to have friends with whom I can bare my soul and know that they will listen and care...and that they will love me just the same, even if I am sometimes ridiculous and can't for the life of me explain myself.

We all need friends like this. And we all need to take time to stop sometimes and just BE. Stop running and trying to get everything done. Don't worry, the work will still be waiting for you when you get back; it never runs away. =) But don't wait until your life is totally in control and everything is running smoothly to make time to connect and rest. Take time now. It doesn't have to be a lot. It can just be a little thing, like meeting a kindred for coffee or getting together with a few to share what's been going on in your lives. But take the time. Learn to rejuvenate. I came back from our little twelve hour getaway REJUVENATED in mind + spirit. (still physically exhausted, since there was lots of talking and not much sleeping!) But the physical doesn't matter so much anymore, when your mind + spirit are encouraged and refreshed and refueled!
Find friends like this. Be a friend like this. You will be blessed. And rejuvenated! 
-Chels

10 comments:

  1. Awe! I so want to find some friends like "that"! And I want to be a friend like "that" too! :) You girls are gorg.
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe ... looks like y'all had a wonderful time together =)
    I have one friend like this .... but she lives in Michigan ... but I'm always rejuvenated after I talk on the phone with her =)
    You ladies are absolutely adorbs, gorg, & b.e.a.u.tiful!!!!

    Love ya girl!
    Ali

    www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!! 100 % Right on =)
    Pris~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I need that too. No matter our age or status we always need these good friends. Looking forward to your Blogtober

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you get to have those times...God has blessed me with the awesomest best friend in the universe...I'm so thankful for her! God bless =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love times like that...specially when it's with my best friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post!! Love your Blog, so beautiful! http://walkingonsunshine.co.nr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had such a blessed time! I have friends like that as well, and although I only see most of them once or twice a year, the encouragement in Christ refreshes and refuels for a long time. What a wonderful thing it is to have kindreds! :)
    Walking w/ Him,
    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw... look at you guys...i seriously have the most adorable friends. love you alll. the end.
    mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks bunches for this reminder, chels. super grateful for the sweet fellowship at the retreat.:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.