Friday, February 13, 2015

Spread the Love Tomorrow!

Tomorrow, as you may know, is Valentines Day.

Valentines Day is "that day" which married people are supposed to love, and single people are supposed to hate. Well, that is according to culture. But we don't follow culture, friends. (thank-goodness!) So let me give you a few little ideas for "reforming" your Valentines Day mentality, whatever it may be.

First of all, Valentines Day is actually a beautiful day, and a day that we all can enjoy, whether we are married or single or WHATEVER. =) I mean, how fun is it to have one whole day just dedicated to celebrating LOVE?! And it doesn't have to be having a  "significant other" to love. It can be showing love (in all sorts of unique ways) to anybody that you love and are thankful God has placed in your life!

Its so delightful to be intentional with celebrating friends on Valentines Day. The Biblical principle that "it is better to give than to receive" is SO TRUE. From sending chocolates to  a little three year old sweetie pie back home, to mailing out several cheery cards to various random friends, to having flowers delivered tomorrow to an elderly widow friend of mine...I can't even tell you the joy these little things are bringing me. I imagine the smiles on these people's faces when they get these little reminders of love and it just makes me not able to stop smiling!

Ah, I love Valentines Day! I love it that there's a day to stop and reflect on how special people + relationships are, and to love on those people.

(For a few more thoughts on celebrating the day, you can read my post from last year)

Now go out tomorrow and do some little things to show love to the people in your life.
 I'd love to hear your ideas on how you are going to spread the love on Valentines Day!
-Chels

4 comments:

  1. Acts 20:35 - I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsey,
    Thanks so much for your ideas for our Widows Brunch - the games were perfect and your ideas were inspiration to many of the things we planned. If you want to see where your inspiration led - check this out:
    http://www.keithgeorgefamily.blogspot.com/2015/02/valentines-brunch-for-widows.html

    So appreciate you taking time from your travel schedule to share the ideas you shared. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri! I loved your post!
      So fun to see all of your ideas + also to hear how you incorporated some of ours! I'm sure the brunch was a great blessing to each lady who attended!
      Bless your hearts for your faithfulness in following the call God placed on your hearts to reach out to these women.

      Delete
  3. I love your ideas for celebrating Valentine's Day! My siblings and I got up really early and made a big breakfast for our parents and dressed up (a stretch for some little boys!) and decorated the table! We also bought chocolate bars for our parents!:)
    ~ Morgan R.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published.